CIC Students and Faculty
The Committee for Institutional Cooperation (CIC) includes all of the Big Ten Schools and the University of Chicago. Full time faculty members, professional library staff, and students who have been issued a CIC card at their institution may:
• enter the library with their institution ID
• apply for: a Borrower’s Card* at the Main Library Circulation Desk, valid for one year, if they present:
- a CIC Card from their home institution;
- one piece of ID from their home institution; and
- one piece of ID with a current Chicago metropolitan area address.
*Borrower's cards do not grant patrons access to NU Library's online databases, which require the use of a NetID. NUIT assigns NetIDs only to current NU students, faculty, and staff members. Any library guest can request a free temporary NetID (or "day pass") for use on the premises (see the Guest NetIDs page for where to request one).